For each phase of the ideas funnel we need to plan the appropriate needed investment. The investment needed per phase per idea is directly related to the idea maturity stage level and to the needed activity. For more details about each phase needed activities and its related level of idea maturity, please refer to the section,Ideas Funnel VS Maturity VS Activity.
Ideas Funnel Investment and Resources can be summarized as follows in comparison to the idea maturity level:...
- Ideation Maturity Level: in the ideation maturity level, we can consider zero idea direct investment as most of the activities are generic organizational based initiative and activities. For simplicity we will not consider such cost for this section scope. Also it is usually recommended that we encourage our team members to invest their own time and effort to generate their competitive ideas in this phase.
- Pre-Incubation Maturity Level: in the pre-incubation maturity level, the main cost will be allocated for the development of mock-ups, initial POCs-Proof of Concepts or Through a Way Prototypes. Cost element will be mainly dedicated to the time which will be granted to idea teams and another minimum budget to be allocated for any needed equipment or license purchase. On average we can consider 1800 working hours over a period of 6 months (minimum of 2 and maximum of 6 team members) and an average purchasing budget of 5000 Euros.
- Incubation Maturity Level: in the incubation maturity level, the main cost will be allocated for the development of MVPs-Minimum Viable Product Features. Cost element will be mainly dedicated to the time which will be granted to idea teams and another budget to be allocated for any needed equipment or license purchase. On average we can consider 3500 working hours over a period of 6 months (minimum of 3 and maximum of 8 team members) and an average purchasing budget of 20000 Euros.
- Acceleration Maturity Level: in the acceleration maturity level, the main cost will be allocated for the development of pre-commercialized version. On average and based on the target product domain and industry nature, if we consider a new product with a large software component, we can consider 5000 working hours over a period of 9 months (minimum of 3 and maximum of 8 team members) and an average purchasing budget of 80000 Euros. In this stage consultancy services may be included either for business management related services, online marketing, manufacturing sampling and/or commercialization marketing activities.
- Commercialization Maturity Level: Now everything is ready, the commercialization associated cost will vary according to many parameters including the product nature, target customer segment, full scale manufacturing needed investment, competition nature VS marketing strategy investment, distribution and channels needed investment and growth management strategy. In this phase we are focusing on scaling, demand capturing, operations steadiness and fulfillment readiness.