It is all about people. We cannot manage innovation, we manage for innovation.
The enterprise innovation culture fostering is all about how to empower, activate, motivate, educate and engage team members in the enterprise innovation activities.
Thus, the question is from where to start?
Is it from the human desirability factor, or from the technical feasibility, or from the business viability.
The answer is simple, it is the human desirability. As if we are able to achieve that our team members are willing and having the adequate desirability level to engage and participate in the innovation process, then we can mange to leverage both the technical feasibility and business viability.
When the intersection between the three elements -human desirability, technical feasibility and business viability- occurs, this is the only time when we reach the desired innovation impact.
- When the human desirability and the technical feasibility intersect, this is when ideation happens and great ideas start to evolve.
- When the human desirability and the business viability intersect, this is when inspiration occurs and passion chain reaction starts.
- When technical feasibility and business viability intersect, this is when we start the implementation of ideas.
- The intersection between the three elements in the form of intersecting ideation, with inspiration and implementation this is what leads to impact and innovation success.
Innovation success and impact only happens when human desirability intersects with technical feasibility and business viability.
How to Use
Enterprise innovation fostering strategy needs to focus on:
- Creating a better innovation environment within the enterprise by harnessing the collective power of people “team members”, to be able to gather insights, ideas, and implementations through a proven design thinking and enterprise innovation process, method, tools and platforms.
- Improving innovation culture by valuing people, their ideas and contributions across the entire enterprise.
- Increasing enterprise wide engagements and reducing/eliminating silo mentality between different teams, departments, organizations, functions and global sites.