Enterprise Innovation Maturity Canvas
- Assess the main pillars that defines the enterprise innovation and inventiveness capabilities.
- Identify the current statuesque of the enterprise innovation processes, methods and tools capability, maturity and readiness.
- Understand the current capabilities to better plan how to achieve the desired maturity.
- Identify the gaps, weaknesses and strength compared to desired state to be achieved.
- Audit analysis result is the major input for all the steps to follow from planning to execution.
How to Use
The 8 enterprise innovation capability audit pillars excluding the competitiveness pillar can be categorized into three main groups. The first group includes the core pillars, second group includes the support pillar and the last group includes the input pillars which have direct impact on the overall enterprise innovation capability.
- The enterprise technical innovation capability audit is recommended to be conducted by a professional innovation audit assessor.
- Assessor needs to conduct interviews with different stakeholders to fill the audit questions.
- Target groups to be interviewed are recommended to represent the different organization populations. Including different siniority levels, different genders, age groups and most important different number of years within the organization.
- Interviewing the top management is a must including the CEO of the enterprise with an objective to understand his/her perspective and perception of innovation.
- It is recommended to formulate an internal innovation committee with wide supporters and influencers participation. This is incase the enterprise does not have a established innovation management function yet.
- If it is acceptable from the top management, it will be optionally prefered to include a limited number of external stakeholders as suppliers, partners and maybe customers to understand their perception and expectations from the enterprise innovation positioning.
- The audit needs to be done yearly following the PDCA methodology in a periodical manner.
To be able to evaluate and audit each pillar of the enterprise innovation capability audit framework, we have designed major question to be answered for each sub pillar. The detailed guide includes the questions of each sub pillar in a consolidated view.
For each sub pillar we need to answer the following question: