Enterprise Team Inventiveness Persona
To understand the different team members persona’s within a given enteprise. The distribution of the different team members person’s different from an enteprise to another. This difference is based on several factors including
- the nature of the business
- the nature of R&D and percentage of R&D compared to manufacturing and operations
- the enteprise culture and leadership style
- the enteprise policies, processes, methods and tools
- the competition nature of the target market
- the core competiencies and human talent readiness
By understanding the inventiveness distribution curve, the innovation management can better understand the target population and thus:
- Set priorities of the enteprise innovation management strategey implementation
- Better understand the motives of the target population and thus better design the target enteprise innovation initiatives
- Better gurantee the percentage of engagement and aligment with the different stake holders.
How to Use
|Career Advancers||Recognition, Benefits
Idea Realization, Learning
Sense of Achievement
|Multi-potentials||Proof of Capacity
Enterprise innovation initiative VS inventiveness coverage graph is designed to help in mapping the internal initiative or programs to the target population size and expected inventiveness impact.
The graph is composed of 4 quadrants:
- The first quadrant to the left-bottom represents the initiatives that serve the Laggard group population which is characterized by medium size team count and low impact.
- The second quadrant left-top represent the initiatives that serve Traditional group population which is characterized by large size team count and low impact.
- The third quadrant right-top represent the initiatives that serve career Advancers which is characterized by medium to large size team count and medium impact.
- The fourth quadrant right-bottom represent the initiatives that serve Researchers, Multi-potentials and Geeks which are characterized by small size team count and high impact.
The decision of targeting which person inventiveness group depends on several factors including
- the stage of internal innovation maturity,
- the objective of the internal innovation strategy or programs
- and the enterprise innovation culture fostering readiness.
Generally, during the establishing the internal enterprise innovation culture, we recommend
- In the early stage starting with quadrant four which focuses on the Geeks, Researchers and Multi-potentials as this group’s readiness from competency perspective and motive is clearer and usually these group members will be converted to your innovation ambassadors and influencers.
- In the intermediate maturity stage, it is recommended to go approaching quadrant three including the career Advancers as this group has also a clear motive and usually they are competent, with larger team size and having high personal skills as promoters.
- As the internal innovation culture maturity increases you can start approaching quadrant two followed by quadrant one. The more team members you attract and engage from those two quadrants, the more you can consider that the culture is really fostered.